Uniteens (Ages 11-13)
Tweens are going through huge physical and emotional changes. They can be unpredictable and hard to read as they swing between childhood and adulthood. They are making an attempt to move into adulthood but can still be drawn to things in their childhood. Tweens are excited to be moving into the teen years but are also scared of the unknown. They are exploring who they are and peers are very important to them.
- To further expand the understanding of Unity's basic teachings, spiritual tools and principles
- To know they are inherently good and they have choices as to how they can show up in this world
- To begin to recognize universal truths in all religions
- To instill the value of service to others through projects affecting those near and far
Youth of Unity - Y.O.U. (Ages 14-18)
Teens are going through rapid changes and continued growth spurts. They face a lot of temptations and constant peer pressure. They spend a great deal of time worrying how others view them. They have the ability to think through problems on their own and want to be respected for who they are. Their emotions are often mixed, sometimes feeling like an adult and ready to assume more responsibility and sometimes feeling like they can't handle anything.
- To be receptive to the idea that God is a mental attitude that works in and through us
- To understand that they are the creators of their own worlds through the thoughts they give power to and what they choose to see and believe
- To gain the ability to look past the literal appearance of a situation and to focus on the good the situation brings
- To demonstrate leadership inside and outside of the church